Help:Counselors and Parents
Nothing feels quite as good as helping your student find someone else to pay for their education. We have hundreds of thousands of scholarships and some students simply need the motivation from you to take the time to search and apply. Here are some tips to help you help them.
- Guide them through the steps in the Student section above as they use the Library Search Bar to perform multiple searches based on the terms or keywords they came up with in Step 1.
- If your student isn’t able, you can do searches for them and email them links to ones that might be of interest to them.
- Urge your student to track the scholarships they’re interested in by creating Bookmarks of their searches or of the scholarship page itself. Help them come up with a system to track each scholarships requirements, deadlines and their progress in applying for the scholarships.
- Suggest that they make multiple search queries so that they can find and apply for as many scholarships as possible.
- Be your student’s cheerleader. We all know that if we all had a site like ScholarshipLibrary.com and a support system like you, we would have all applied for and possibly received more scholarship funding for school.